A young lady from the States reached out to me on Twitter and I was happy to have returned the favor. She sent me a link to her site and I listened to her music. There is one song in particular that caught my attention called "Halfway to Wasted". The song has a really good feel to it, if that makes sense to anyone. My gut tells me that this talented singer/ songwriter will not be just opening for more big acts but be one herself! Here's what she had to share with us all.
1) Could you please introduce yourself and tell us what you do?
Hey ya’ll, my name is Breelan Angel and I am a country music singer/songwriter! I spend my life constantly on the road either performing or writing with people from all over the country J
2) Where are you from? Born and raised in Baytown, Texas.
3) How did you get into music and why? I decided music was going to be my profession in the middle of college when I realized how much I loved singing karaoke and wanted to make singing my life! For years I wanted to take on music as a profession but was always scared to take the plunge until I finally found the confidence within to take a chance and see where it goes always saying that no matter what happens, I gave my dream a chance!!
4) Who are your influences in music? I have always looked up to Loretta Lynn, Patsy Cline, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Reba McEntire, and Miranda Lambert among several others.
5) What is your focus and some of your goals for your music career? I just dream to make a happy life out of doing what I love which is creating and performing music that the people love to hear and can relate to! Anything extra that comes with it is just a bonus.
6) Where can people hear you online? You can get our last to singles on itunes as well as check in to our website at breelanangel.com which links to our twitter, facebook and instagram J
7) Your website address? Facebook? www.breelanangel.com and www.facebook.com/breelanangelmusic
8) What if anything do you want the fans to know about you? I’m pursuing a dream that seemed impossible and I’m doing it based on pure love and passion, not for the fame or the money. I hope that they listen to our music and feel inspired to reach for a dream they once thought was impossible too!!
9) Any advice for people looking to pursue a dream of music? Always try to find the positive in every situation because it’s a very tough road. Hold on to the great moments and remember how you felt when something magical happened and it’ll get you through those hard times, let those moments push you to keep on going and never give up!!
10) How would you describe your sound? I’d say I’m a mix of traditional meets Texas country meets country rock!
When and where is your next show so fans can get the full music experience? May 3rd in Baytown, Texas opening for Aaron Watson! We go on at 9, getting ready to do a radio tour to promote the album for the next month
12) Is there any charity you support or would like to help bring attention to? We are talking with a few right now so I’ll have to get back to ya!
13) Do you have a favorite moment or highlight you would share with us? In 2013 I had the honor of opening for Loretta Lynn and to this day it’s still extremely surreal. I never, ever in a million years thought that I’d be sharing a stage with this particular female country music legend. She was the sweetest lady and so humble and it was so inspiring to see someone with her kind of success still be so laid back and personable. I owe a big thanks to everyone involved in making that day a reality and especially Loretta for allowing me to have this memory for the rest of my life.
14) Any final thoughts or comments for the fans out there?
I’ll leave with you the quote I live by, “Glass Half Full”. Thank you so much for listening and supporting our music, we appreciate every single one of you for helping me make my dreams come true!!! <3
After reading her answers to my questions there is no doubt Breelan Angel isn't just talented but also very positive. She is on a tough road and has been but still encourages others, this is exactly more of what the world needs! Breelan I wish you great success and have no doubt that you will achieve it. Hope to meet you someday when you play to one of your own sold out shows here in Canada, in the mean time best of luck. We all will look forward to hearing what you release in the future!